Marie's Reviews > The Lost Prince

Jan 13, 2013

bookshelves: 2012-releases, faeries
Read from October 29, 2012 to January 13, 2013

More like 3.5, actually.

I don't like Ethan. He's such a whiny, whiny kid. I grew tired listening to him rant and complain and push people away all the time. If not for Grim and the rest of the cast, I would have rated this book 2 or 2.5. I do like the story, all those Forgotten and the story behind, but Ethan's constant whining didn't really impress me. For me he's still that little kid Meghan rescued in the Nevernever. Oh, and did I mention there is too much teenage angst at the beginning? That didn't impress me either. :|

Ms. Kagawa, you're still one of my favorite authors, but please, can you add more of Puck and Grim scenes? I really missed Puck. I would rate this 4 or 5 if Puck and Grim are included in Ethan and Keirran's adventures. :)))

Oh, and here's my favorite scene from the book:

Ethan: “You’re a prince—of the Iron Realm?
Then, you…you’re Meghan’s…” I couldn’t even finish the thought.

He shot me a pained, embarrassed
wince. “Yeah. I was going to tell you…
sooner or later. There just wasn’t a good
time.” He paused, his voice going very
soft. “I’m sorry…Uncle.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
OMG. That was hilarious! That cracked me up everytime I read those lines. HAHAHAH

***********

HOLY.FREAKING.COW! A spinoff?

YES YES YES YES!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

*****UPDATE*******
4/24/12

HOLYMOTHEROFALLCRAP! THE COVER! THE COVERRRRR!
Oh, ETHAN CHASE! *drools* *swoons* *faints*

OMG. OMFG. For the first time in my life I am speechless. FOR REAL! And I am reeling for hours. Okay, maybe for the coming days and weeks too. I don't know. I JUST WANT OCTOBER TO COME! NOW! I WANT THE BOOK NOW! :D

PS: Miss Kagawa, it would have been nice if you made Ash SHIRTLESS on the Iron Knight cover too. Tee Hee! Just saying. :)))))

PPS: Oh, and I want to see more of Grimalkin. :)))

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Prince.

01/10/2013 page 200
01/11/2013 page 280
73.0% "Oh my..PUCK! I've missed the Greatest Prankster of All Time! I just hope there is more of him in the book. :|"