Melodie's Reviews > Lady Be Good

Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Dec 25, 12

bookshelves: possession, contemporary-romance, part-of-series, good-read, sports-romance
Read from December 23 to 25, 2012

It has been a year since I've last read a novel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Lady be Good reminds why she is such an amazing author. This one is laugh out loud hilarious with great plot line and better characters!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Be Good.

Quotes Melodie Liked

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“He stopped to rest at a cart selling nuts and candy, bought himself some Jelly Belly's, flirted just enought with the Mexican cutie working there to convince her pull out the banana-flavored one. Although he liked his Jelly Belly's mixed up, he didn't like banana, but, since it took too much effort to pull them out himself, he generally tried to talk someone else into doing it. If that didn't work, he just ate 'em.

- Kenny Traveler”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“Now, this is where I draw the line! It's bad enough everybody in town's going to be thinkin' I'm sleeping with a depressed, lice-ridden, hemorrhoidal foreigner who likes to be tied up and might be pregnant, although-since she's just about cornered the market on condoms-I don't know how that could have happened. But I will not-you listen to me, Emma!-I absolutely will not have anybody thinkin' a woman of mine needs a vaginal moisturizer, do you hear me?”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“Both of you’ll just have to believe me. Emma’s one of those women who was born with… The thing is, the minute a heterosexual man looks at her, all he can think about is – well, her mouth, and – ”

“Emma?” Torie’s own mouth gaped in astonishment.

Patrick crossed his legs. “Maybe we’re not talking about the same person. British accent? Good appetite? Hums songs from The Lion King when she doesn’t think anybody’s listening?”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“[Kenny] leaned back against the counter and studied the other man. “So Dex, how’s come you’re still alive to tell the tale?”
Dexter wiped up a small coffee spill, the sat on the stool next to Torie. “All I’m prepared to say is that your sister and I slept together, and, since I compromised her, I intend to marry her.”
Torie dropped her forehead and banged it three times against the countertop. “You are such a geek.”
“Doesn’t sound like she’s too enthusiastic about it,” Kenny said.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“Clubs rattled behind them. Skeet Cooper rubbed the corner of his mouth with his thumb and rose from the bench. “Looks like Kenny’s caddy’s here.”
Dallie lifted an eyebrow as his son stepped up on the tee carrying Kenny’s bag.
Ted smiled. “Sorry I’m late. Mom made me eat breakfast. Then she started fussing with my hair, don’t ask me why.”
Dallie took the driver Skeet handed him. “Funny you didn’t mention that you were going to caddy for Kenny today.”
“Must have forgot.” Ted smiled and shifted the bag. “I told Skeet.”
Dallie shot Skeet an annoyed look that didn’t bother Skeet one bit. Kenny gestured toward the tee. “Be my guest. I believe in showing respect for the elderly and the infirm.”

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
“For a moment he could have sworn he smelled violets, which was very peculiar, since he had no idea what violets smelled like, except somehow he knew they smelled just like Lady Emma.”

12/24/2012 page 201
52.0% "Laugh out loud hilarious!"