Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ*'s Reviews > Fear

Fear by Michael  Grant

Hey guys! I know I'm great, thankyou.;) So here's an excerpt from fear and below are the facts that have been written by MG himself. And below that is my review after I finished this book.

65 hours 11 minutes She wore denem jeans and a plaid flannel shirt over a black T-shirt several sizes too big. A leather belt made two turns around her waist. It was a man’s belt, and a big man at that. But it was sturdy and bore the weight of the .38 revolver, the machete, and her water bottle. Her backpack was dirty and the seams were all frayed, but it sat comfortably on her thin shoulders. In the pack she had three precious vacuum packs of dehydrated macaroni liberated from distant campsites. Just add water. She also had most of a cooked pigeon in a Tupperware container, a dozen wild green onions, a bottle of vitamins – she allowed herself one every three days – as well as pencil and paper, three books, a small bag of pot and a little pipe, needle and thread, two Bic lighters, and a spare water bottle. There was also a medicine pouch: a few Band-Aids, a mostly used tube of Neosporin and a dozen precious Tylenol, and infinitely more precious tampons. Astrid Ellison had changed.

1) Remember that it was originally titled DARKNESS.
2) At one point Sam will rub Diana's tummy.
3) Astrid-haters will love her by the end.
4) There's a surprising "coming out."
5)... A heart will be broken.
6) You will learn why Sam and not Caine.
7) There is a huge betrayal.
8) Someone will lose their virginity.
9) Someone we know well will die.
10) A scene so dark and anguished my editors wanted me to tone it down. (Of course I didn't. How long have you known me?

After Fear

Okay. Calm down. OMy FrAkIng GoSh!!! THis BoOk Is FrEaKing AMazInG. OmG
I'can't BelIEVe What HaPPenS!! The BeSt BooK EvAAh!!

Sorry 'bout that. Yes, this is the best book so far, in the series and among the books I've read. You won't believe it if I said that I was afraid to read the last 20 pages or something. There was a good amount of violence, not the Plague style war kind of violence, but this in itself was soo... Heart-wrenching! Yeah, that's the right word, Heart-wrenching. It was like everything that had happened till this point, every death in the FAYZ had come down to this. Even as I type this now, It's taking all I have to to go down into full freakout mode. Grant has created an epic here. It would be wrong to say that this book gave you the feeling of being right there. No, this book gave you the feel of watching someone you love so much that you could die ten times over for them, lie right in front of your eyes, screaming out their life, slowing dying just out of your reach and all you can do is go 'no no nononononononooooooooo!!' and yet even as you say that, even the straws that you have been grasping at are torn out of you're hands. IT is much more descriptive than all the other books. It goes against all the expectations, hopes, guesses of the reader.

The character development is quite considerable, specially of those who we had not got to know so well till now. The book is full of 360 degree turns that turn up when least expected. I won't spoil it for those about to read it. The things that happen towards the end of the book are, well, something you would not expect. The whole time you're like...'WTF?? This can't be happening!' I'm not sure how much I enjoyed the Outside view but it did answer a few questions, though I might have just as soon stayed without answers for them. Diana is soo messed up (if you know what I mean) and I did not like the 'surprising coming out' part. Believe me, It's not pretty. I was quite surprised at what astrid did. On the whole, a must read book. Grant has soared above himself with this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear.

Quotes Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* Liked

Michael  Grant
“No, no, no, so not getting the point of fear. Because fear wasn't about what made sense. Fear was about possibilities. Not things that happened. Things that might.”
Michael Grant, Fear
tags: fear

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 9: by Thy (new) - added it

Thy Trinh o.o

message 8: by Eman (new)

Eman I'm actually shaking in excitement o_O

message 6: by Madai (new) - added it

Madai AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Kayla "a small bag of pot" WHAT!? what exactly is she going to do with THAT!?

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* Err...Idk. I mean if she has actually started taking drugs then, OMG!

message 3: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Ballantine if facts number 2 and 8 are connected so help me god, i will find Micheal and shoot him

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* Oh, oh oh!! you're right!! But i hope not!! If they are I'll come with you to shoot him!

message 1: by Madai (new) - added it

Madai Apps wrote: "Oh, oh oh!! you're right!! But i hope not!! If they are I'll come with you to shoot him!"

Danielle wrote: "if facts number 2 and 8 are connected so help me god, i will find Micheal and shoot him"
omg yes yes mee too