Jay's Reviews > The Witness

The Witness by Sandra Brown

2419499
I received this book as part of Goodreads giveaways and first reads.

This audiobook really emphasised why I shouldn't even bother with audiobooks. I just end up zoning out and using the audio as white noise. I can't just sit back, close my eyes and let the story wash over me. Instead, I go about doing whatever I'm doing, and half the time end up reading something else.

I got about two CDs through before I finally threw up my hands and turned it off. Joyce Bean is a lovely narrator, and apparently has won awards, but I really couldn't pay attention. The story also seemed to be quite interesting, and I think the book would be worth a read, but it wasn't enough to grab me and hold my attention.

So don't take this two out of five star rating to mean this is bad- I just can't really make a sound (pun so, so intended here) decision as audiobooks don't agree with me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witness.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susan Agreed. The audiobook is kind of a snoozer. In addition, while usually like Joyce Bean as a narrator, but the cartoonish Southern accents here serve only to take me out of the story and remind me that I'm being "narrated at."