Carla's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Oh boy… i don’t even know how to start this…

First because there are no words for me to express how much i love this trilogy. It’s just that impossible.

I can honestly say that those books have it all. You can say that you like romance like this or like that… but you know!? just forget this. You’re definitely going to love this one.

You want to know why!? Because those books are not conventional. This is not the love story. The character are not perfect… on the contrary, they’re full of flaws, especially him. And don’t think that those flaws are simple things. They’re not! They can overwhelm you. He’s that kind of guy that can make you hate him today and love him very much tomorow. He is just intriguing... She’s that kind of girl that can make you love her since the first page. She can make the whole book for you. I’m gonna tell you this: I just read the first book because of her.

Second, because this isn’t a story that you just read. You read and feel deep in your bones. You forget the whole world and just live there with Ana and Christian.

It’s dificult for me to say what this is about without given away to much. So i’m just gonna say this: Think about a inexperienced young woman that on a random day meets this guys and feels so attracted to him that she decides that she wants him, because she never felt something like that for anyone before. But he proves to be a challenge and not because he’s not atracted to her either, he wants her, oh boy he never wanted anything or anyone that bad in his life. The problem is how he wants to deal with this relationship. Can she give to him what he wants?! Can she make him love her as she does?! Can he live behind his issues and give to her what she wants?! Well this is what this is about.

I think this describes well what i’m talking about:

As I drive away, my chest constricts, my tears start to fall, and I choke back a sob. Soon tears are streaming down my face, and I really don’t understand why I’m crying. I was holding my own. He explained everything. He was clear. He wants me, but the truth is, I need more. I need him to want me like I want and need him, and deep down I know that’s not possible. I am just overwhelmed. - Anastacia

If you haven’t read this book yet, just don’t waist more time and go buy it. Trust me!

Some good quotes

“Laters, baby.” - Chrisitan

“Anastasia, I’m not a hearts and flowers kind of man, I don’t do romance. My tastes are very singular. You should steer clear from me. There’s something about you, though, and I’m finding it impossible to stay away. But I think you’ve figured that out already.” - Chrisitan

“Christian, I have to think about this. I don’t know if I can have the kind of relationship you want.” - Anastacia

”- Why don’t you like to be touched?” ”- Because I’m fifty shades of fucked-up, Anastasia”.
Likeflag

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Beautifully written, hon! To be honest, I didn't intend to read the book. Like ever. But I think, I'll give it a shot LOL