Jennifer Estep's Reviews > Dreaming of the Wolf

3197948
Sep 12, 13

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in December, 2011

Dreaming of the Wolf by Terry Spear is a paranormal romance that is one of the books in her Werewolf series.

Alicia Greiston has become a bounty hunter to try and get justice for her mother, who was murdered by a mobster. She's tracking the mobster when she meets Jake Silver. Jake is a photographer, but he's also a werewolf who finds himself strangely attracted to Alicia. Soon, Jake becomes determined to help Alicia in her battle against the people who murdered her mother. But the mobsters have secrets of their own, and they are determined to make sure Alicia stays out of their way no matter what ...

I thought this sounded like an interesting read, but the various elements didn't quite gel for me. Alicia and Jake are both likable characters, and there's a lot of action that drives the story forward at a fast pace.

However, the attraction between Alicia and Jake is pretty much instantaneous. She meets him, and she trusts him very quickly. This isn't my favorite storyline, and I just didn't find it to be all that believable, given what a dangerous mission Alicia is on. Also, it seems like Alicia goes from one bad situation to the next, and it's only luck that gets her through them.

Also, there's a lot going on in this book, from Alicia and Jake's romance to the mobster element to Jake's family and what's going on in their and the pack's lives.

Overall, this one didn't work for me, but if you like books about werewolves, you might want to check it out.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreaming of the Wolf.