Jc's Reviews > The Gilded Web

The Gilded Web by Mary Balogh

Dec 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: historical-romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gilded Web.

message 1: by Trudi (new)

Trudi I'm starting Shatter Me next. Be co-dependent with me?

message 2: by Jc (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jc Will do.

message 3: by May (new)

May Do I need to plan an "intervention" for the two of you?

message 4: by Trudi (new)

Trudi Not yet. We'll see how this one goes first :)

message 5: by Jc (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jc May you should get a copy too!

message 6: by Trudi (new)

Trudi Yes! Let's all be co-dependent together. I started this last night and have already burned through 200 pages. I'm not going to say if that's because it's good (or so bad I just want to finish it!)

message 7: by May (new)

May I like to be rebellious. I already started "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" and I'm busy burning my way through the last of the Grimm Fairytale graphic novels. Besides, if I start reading the same book as the two of you, it could mean that we are forming an "unofficial book club". Gasp!

message 8: by Trudi (new)

Trudi I want to be a rebel book club!!! May, that's awesome that you are listening to Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Jessie, you HAVE to read this, then that could be our first group read.

It's going to be made into a movie!

message 9: by May (last edited Dec 19, 2011 04:27PM) (new)

May Trudi, I believe the point of being a "rebel" is not to follow the "crowd". Hence, there will be no official or unofficial book club. Not until we discuss when you will start watching kung fu movies! ;)

message 10: by Trudi (new)

Trudi I shall correct you May -- our proposed rebel book club is not an oxymoron because we would be reading what we want to read, whenever we wanted to read it (just all together when the planets align). No reading lists, no "pre-approved" book list selections. Just the good stuff, not the stuff that is supposedly "good for us".

The only thing better than reading an awesome book? Convincing a friend to read it too! Having said that, I really, really, hope you enjoy Daughter of Smoke and Bone.