Lisa's Reviews > Pawn of Prophecy

Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from December 25 to 28, 2011

UPDATED: Uhm, wow. I didn't think I'd like this book for a second. I don't like fantasy when it deals with totally different worlds, without much foundation in reality, or with names of people and places I can't keep track of--let alone pronounce. But this was accessible and really, really interesting. The pacing regarding the revealing of information was fantastic. While I'm sure I know some things, I can't predict much and that keeps me going. Toward the end I couldn't put it down. This is the third series book I've read in a month--a genre I'm least likely to pick up on my own--and it is the first of the three to make me want to read the next. Just bought it, expecting it in the mail soon.

I'll just leave it at that.

BEFORE READING:
Promised my guy I'd read it.

Like, a few years ago.

Kinda.

I need to be a good wife. He's read so many of my books, I'm going to read it for him.

:D
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pawn of Prophecy.

12/27/2011 page 93
12/27/2011 page 93
31.0% "Pleasantly surprised--this is good stuff!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Noelani Good series, on my re-read list. One of Chris' faves as well... :)

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen I was totally into the Belgariad when I was 12.

Noelani ...don't read the next series... the Malorean (sp?) cause it's the Belgariad all over again... kinda like the Hangover movies, which make me think of these books-go figure.

Lisa Eric read another Eddings book earlier this year and was extremely disappointed. Is this series the author's version of a one-hit wonder, you think?

Noelani I think so... everything else of his I've tried to read I've been unable to get through. Chris has read a few of his other books but admitted that nothing could stand up to The Belgariad. I seriously need to re-read those!

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Cool! :) It's been a long time, but I remember it being a fun series.