Christy's Reviews > The Power of a Praying Wife

The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian

Jun 19, 08

Recommended to Christy by: I was given it as a wedding shower gift by a friend
Recommended for: Any married women
Read in September, 2004

I read this book 3 years ago as my husband and I toured Germany. I remember it bringing up lots of good conversations and the one thing that stands out especially is the first chapter. The whole "Lord change me." deal is VERY convicting and I often think of that prayer when I really upset about something that's going on in my marriage. Say my husband leaves his socks around and I totally get annoyed with it. Wouldn't it be great if I just didn't care, rather than thinking all the time "Lord, why in the world can't he just pick them up?" I just read this morning in Proverbs 19:11 and I thought it was soo fitting to change the He to She instead. "A woman's wisdom gives her patience;it is her glory to overlook an offence." I'm not saying that everything needs to be like that in a marriage, but what if I did truly overlook the little things that bothered me day in and day out about my husband? What if I was truly changed in that area. I'd be a lot less annoyed I'm sure, thus happier and more at peace.
So, the prayer of my heart again today is..."Lord, Change ME!"
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of a Praying Wife.