Erica Chilson's Reviews > Visions of Heat

4182064
Dec 20, 11

bookshelves: digital, favorites, nook, 5-star, paranormal-romance
Read from December 17 to 20, 2011

The second book in the Psy-changeling series brings a more in-depth look into the overall story premise. I am excited to see the direction it's taking. I want more information on the "Netmind" I am still not sure if it is a person or an entity like the psynet or the web of stars. I also would like more info on Faith's father, interesting fellow.

Over all the premise is unlike any I have read before, highly original. While the changelings are similar to every version of were/shifter with their habits, I enjoy them just the same. The Psy are on a level completely of their own. Their abilities have been seen in books before but the concept and execution are extremely original.

This series is very sensual but not over done. The couple and the previous couples you can feel their connection. They are not written in a way to just have sex in the book. It just feels right when it does happen. It is not instant love, or "OMG, you're my mate. MINE!" It takes a while before the changeling and his "animal" agree that the mate is theirs. I will say the love scenes are well written and scorching!

As I say in every review for this author, Nalini Singh is making her way to top honors on my favorite list. I will read anything she writes with great fervor. She provides a captivating story filled with heat, connection, excitement, and an intense concept that you have to pay attention to or you will be confused. Perfection!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visions of Heat.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~Leslie~ I can't wait to read this next one. One of the most original stories I've ever read. She is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. I'm glad someone else was slow getting on this bandwagon!

Erica Chilson One thing I am glad about for being slow... We have a lot of books to read b4 we have to patiently await releases. I ate the Guild Hunter books & their novellas, now for the long wait :(

I loved GH so much that I couldn't imagine liking this better. I was wrong, this is phenomenal! I really want to know more about the PSY!