Christina (Reading Thru The Night)'s Reviews > Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by David Levithan

1020619
Brief Summary? Naomi and Ely are best friends. They have been best friends for-EVER, growing up in Greenwich Village. It was just assumed that they would get married, have lots of babies, and live happily ever after. And then, Ely realized he was gay. To avoid complications, Naomi and Ely create a no kiss list. Obviously. Except, hidden complications begin to arise. Like, Ely kissing Naomi's boyfriend. Or Naomi being in love with Ely.

My thoughts? OK. As many of you might remember, I gushed over Nick and Norah, so maybe my expectations were a bit too high for Naomi and Ely. Don't get me wrong, I am still fond of Naomi and Ely, okay, well, admittedly, more Ely than Naomi. Well, quite honestly, I thought Naomi was a bit of a selfish bitch. *sigh* I can't help it. I just didn't really deal with her all that well. Maybe because everyone else in her world couldn't stop gushing, thinking she was the coolest chick ever? There was just no heart there. It was actually Nick and Bruce #2's story that kept me engaged. Bruce #2 is/was Norah's boyfriend. Oh, there's a whole gaggle of Bruces and that was kind of fun. I know this is sorta disjointed, but the book kinda felt like a teenybopper soap opera. Perhaps I should have taken this a bit more serious? The emotions that Naomi was going through, dealing with her unrequited love for Ely. Maybe I'm the coldhearted bitch, because I just kept thinking, "C'mon, you're in college. Really? You really believed that him liking boys would not effect how he saw you?".

Yay, Nay, Eh? Still a Yay. Just not a bouncy Yay. Read it for Ely and Bruce #2. Or...read it in order to convince me that Naomi is a worthwhile character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List.