Dolly's Reviews > The Scrambled States of America

The Scrambled States of America by Laurie Keller

1019021
Dec 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, childrens, hawaiiana, new-england, other-usa, ocean-seashore, washington-dc, virginia
Recommended for: parents reading with their children
Read on December 17, 2011 , read count: 1

We found a video treat at our library: we just watched Scholastic Video Collection: The Scrambled States of America and More Stories to Celebrate Our Country DVD, which features animated adaptations of children's storybooks. This story was narrated by Jon Carroll with music by Jerry Dale McFadden and we just loved the format. It reminded us of the Tumblebooks animations that we occasionally watch online. As the book is narrated, we followed along with a slightly animated version of the illustrations. It was very entertaining and we really enjoyed watching all of the stories on the DVD.

I know we've seen this book before, but I'm not sure where or when. I think it might've been at our oldest's classroom, because she was so familiar with it, too. In any case, this is a fun look at the United States and their relative position and what would happen if they all switched places. It's a humorous story and we enjoyed watching it together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scrambled States of America.