Wesley's Reviews > Bad Luck and Trouble

Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child

Dec 19, 11

Read from December 17 to 19, 2011

What can you say about Jack Mother F$*%ing Reacher that hasn’t been said before? One of a kind for sure, in this adventure though he’s gets some pals to join in him in his escapades. I was glad to see Neagley back though, I like her, and I hope to see more written about her in the Reacher future. Obviously there is still some unknown story there. For all I know it’s revealed in the next book, ha. Between Bob Lee Swagger, Joe Pickett and Jack Reacher I feel that my head stays right. 3 badasses, 3 ways of getting there and 3 sets of stories I’ll never be rid of. My next pet will be named Reacher if that says anything.

This story isn’t so different from the rest but it adds a bit more to the overall spectrum. I enjoyed the entire “you don’t mess with the special investigators” mantra. Not so much the words or tenacity behind it but just the strength that present in the saying when upon spoken of by one of the “special investigators.” For some reason it didn’t play off when other said it but when someone else mentioned it, I think it was knowing that Reacher spearheaded that monster is what gave it power.

This was a good book though; a bit different but yet gets us our Reacher fix. One thing that could my attention was a confirmation on the affliction he has with numbers. I like it. We’ve gotten a glimpse of it since the first book and it’s gradually grown but, in this book, we’ll it’s determined he’s a “numbers” guy.

You will enjoy this addition to the Reacherness that Lee Child gives us. If you’re this far in the series, don’t fret this one will deliver. Read on.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Luck and Trouble.

12/17/2011
20.0% "Why does Reacher hate Alaskan Airlines, subside from the scripture card at the mealtime?"
12/18/2011
40.0% "My next pet will be named "Reacher""
12/19/2011
80.0% "I'll never look at a bottled water the same, ha."
12/19/2011