Alecia's Reviews > American Wop - Beaver Buffalo Buttons Brass Boxing and Beer: That's why you're here!

American Wop -  Beaver Buffalo Buttons Brass Boxing and Beer by Jack Tar

Jan 17, 2012

Read from January 15 to 17, 2012

I have to say, if all memoirs are like this one, then I’m obviously missing out. American Wop surprised me. I didn’t anticipate the impact it would have on me. I’ve always loved history but haven’t quite heard it being told in such a way that is filled with so much passion and personality. The characters were brilliant. I learned quite a bit – from info on JFK to the story behind Moby Dick, which I still need to read. It’s a very informative book with a wonderful blend of humour and gentle melancholy. I even found a new poem to add to my favourite list.

This is a story with heart. Jack’s story is moving and it makes you wonder about the world we live in and the people who are a great part of our lives. American history and boxing ... What more could you want? This is a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Wop - Beaver Buffalo Buttons Brass Boxing and Beer.

01/16/2012
50.0% "This is truly moving."

Asails F Send me your book. Wop@AmericanWop.com please. No more amazon on goodreads.