Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Fifty ways of mind f*$#! I haven't been able to stop thinking about this book for the last three days. I'm not even sure if there's a word strong enough to desrcibe the feelings that are envolved. Be prepared to enter into an intense and exhausting battle between your head and your heart. I almost didn't read this book because of the synopsis. I'm not into books with such strong sexual themes and the content completely goes against my morals and beliefs. However, people kept recomending it to me so I tried to enter into it with an open mind. W-O-W!!!!

You are IMMEDIATELY drawn to Christian Grey; his charm, his charisma. The very way he carries himself is just irresistably sexy; I fell head-over-heels. It was devastating to learn he was far from prince charming. This is where my brain kicked in; he's bad VERY bad; Ana should run far far away, but deep down inside you want her to stay. It is mind blowing that in one sentence he's a monster, but in the very next one he will melt your heart (I completely adored their email banter by the way). It is truly like he's two different people. There is such a fine line between his obsession with control and the deep need to protect. Eventually I discovered that my battle as a reader was exactly the same internal struggle that Ana was going through; you will actually become her character; you feel what she's feeling.

Discovering Christian's tortured past helps rationalize his behavior, but Ana's (and the reader's) internal struggle will continue. Your head will say no, but your heart will say yes!!!! If you are like me and are bothered by the sexual themes of the story, hang in there. As Christian begins to tranform, so does the "nature" of their relationship. It is worth getting through book one in order to see the changes of Christian in Fifty Shades Darker.

This book is so wrong AND so right!! I started Fifty Shades of Grey and completely read through both books without stopping. I absolutely cannot wait for the final installment. I feel like a drug addict in desperate need of a fix!

THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR YOUNG ADULTS!

Read more at http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...
13 likes · Likeflag

Tough Critic Book Reviews I KNOW!!! This book makes you throw logic right out the window. I don't know how I can wait until January 19th!

Steff Wow Molly!I completely agree with you when you say that we'll feel exactly like Ana, the inner struggle was exhausting! I Particularly didn't love this book, but the second one was one of the best that I've read in the last months