Angela~twistedmind~'s Reviews > Prior Bad Acts

Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag

Dec 20, 2011

Recommended for: anyone who enjoys suspense, mystery, psychological terror
Read from December 17 to 19, 2011 — I own a copy

Even though I rarely read Hoag........for what reason, I do not know.........she never fails to deliver when I do pick something of hers up. Prior Bad Acts is a fast paced story. I read it relatively quickly (for me, anyway), because I was always anxious to turn each page to find out what happens next. The anger, the helplessness, the unstoppable feelings of guilt and anxiousness the characters go through are all very believable. The story just draws you in. I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of suspense and/or psychological terror.

It was a crime so brutal, it changed the lives of even the most hardened homicide cops. The Haas family murders left a scar on the community nothing can erase, but everyone agrees that convicting the killer, Karl Dahl, is a start. Only Judge Carey Moore seems to be standing in the way. Her ruling that Dahl's prior criminal record is inadmissible raises a public outcry-and puts the judge in grave danger. When an unknown assailant attacks Judge Moore in a parking garage, two of Minneapolis's top cops are called upon to solve the crime and keep the judge from further harm. Detective Sam Kovac is as hard-boiled as they come, and his wisecracking parter, Nikki Liska, isn't far behind. Neither one wants to be on this case, but when Karl Dahl escapes from custody, everything changes, and seemingly straightforward case cartwheels out of control. The stakes go even higher when the judge is kidnapped-snatched out of her own bed even as the police sit outside, watching her house. Now Kovac and Liska must navigate through a maze of suspects that includes the stepson of a murder victim, a husband with a secret life, and a rogue cop looking for revenge where the justice system failed. With no time to spare, the detectives are pulled down a strange dark trail of smoke and mirrors, where no one is who they seem and everyone is guily of Prior Bad Acts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prior Bad Acts.