Caro's Reviews > Radiant Desire

Radiant Desire by Inara Scott

Dec 24, 11

bookshelves: indie, elf-fae, paranormal-romance
Read from December 17 to 19, 2011

I really liked Radiant Desire. It was neither the most original work out there, nor was it particularly deep and meaningful.
The story is about a faerie called Kaia Verde who is sent by the faerie queen, Zafira, to seduce a human called Garrett. Zafira apparently holds a grudge against all human men and thus sends her handmaids out every year to seduce and humiliate random victims. Sadly, Kaia doesn`t manage to seduce Garrett. At least, not in the humiliating way Zafira wishes it. Zafira is not happy to find out about Kaias failure and gives her one month to make Garrett fall in love with her - or Kaia loses her wings forever (and with her wings, her soul).
But while she was in the Faerie Realm, Garrett seems to have developped a serious aversion to Kaia. Can she manage to make him fall in love with her after all?

The strongest point of the book was definitely the characters. Kaia was a strong heroine who didn`t let herself be pushed around. She was independent, intelligent and resourceful. I immediately liked her. I liked Garrett as well, but he was more of the average male character. Apart from his extreme mistrust towards Kaia, of course.
The book was so good I actually considered giving it five stars (I don-´t do that often. Giving a book five stars often feels wrong because I reverse that rating for really really awesome books...) but the ending was a bit top rushed and, well, neat. I would have preferred a more open ending. (view spoiler)

Anyway, this is a 4-star book and I`m looking forward to reading the next installment of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Radiant Desire.