Kelly Oram's Reviews > Legend

Legend by Marie Lu

Dec 25, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, favorites

Yes, this is how I spent Christmas day. And I don't regret it. Have you guys read this book? If you like dystopian YA then you really must read this book. I was sucked in from page one and am now dying for the next one. (Which I will go research after I'm finished writing this blurb.)

I liked Legend better than Divergent even. Don't get me wrong, I loved Divergent, but I liked the pacing and the set up of the world better in this one. I felt the time ticking the entire time and was really hit by the urgency of the situation. I want to punch a whole lot of people in the face as much as I wanted to punch President Snow in the face while reading the Hunger Games.

I loved the interesting relationship dynamics in this book. June and Day's relationship was so interesting, and Day just fascinated me in general. I loved his relationship with Tess as well. And then there's Thomas. I seriously LOVE Thomas. I love to hate him. I'm really interested to see where Lu takes his character in the following books. He could turn out to be the best villain or redeem himself and be awesome. (unlikely). Either way he fascinates me. (And makes me want to punch him in the face. lol.)

The villain in this book is great. I think she's most likely President Snow and President Coin's secret love child. Anyway. I can't really think of one bad thing to say about this book except that it will now keep me waiting forever for the next one.

Well done Marie Lu. Excellent debut!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend.