Books Mom's Reviews > Trouble at the Wedding

7199227
Dec 17, 2011

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in December, 2011

Originall posted at http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com...

I started reading Trouble at the Wedding by Laura Lee Guhrke expecting it to be just another historical romance – a genre a love, but one that can be occasionally predictable. Boy, was I wrong! It stands on its own unique merits, and had me hooked from the very beginning.

I really enjoyed it, and couldn’t put it down once I started it. I only found out it was part of a series after I finished it, so can definitely attest that it stands alone quite nicely.

When I met the heroine, I really liked her, and enjoyed finding out what type of person she was. The author introduced me to her seamlessly, with a well written description of her past, her plans for the future, etc., all neatly integrated into the story.

Then I met the hero, and loved him from the start. He was a well defined character, completely three dimensional and perfect for the heroine – if only they both realized that!

As the plot unfolded, I kept thinking I knew what would happen, but each time I was pleasantly surprised. The story line was extremely clever and there were lots of unexpected occurrences as it went on.

The story showed a lot of the good in human nature, but also the bad. This was important to the story and really made the plot deeper than many romances.

There are a couple of erotic scenes that were not just thrown in for impact or to titilate, but were extremely important to the plot and were very tastefully written.

I have to say that I really loved this story, far more than I was expecting to. It was interesting, exciting, and fun reading from the beginning to the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trouble at the Wedding.