Volatalistic Phil's Reviews > Inescapable

Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol

Dec 17, 11

Read in December, 2011

Okay, I apologize upfront if this is a long winded review, but I have a few things I'd like to say. First off, who is Amy Bartol and why would you or me be interested in what she has written? I didn't find Amy by browsing Amazon or any other ebook vendors, like many fellow indie authors, I found Amy Bartol on Twitter. It was from there that I took an interest in her book.

Let me say that I am BLOWN AWAY by this book. The editing alone in this is magnificent! I looked at it from a reader's view as well as an author's view, and I just cannot believe the amount of work that went into this. I can almost feel the pain of the editing that went into this. The way that Amy has written her book, it honestly flows and flows very well. I was very impressed with her style. Amy takes you by the hand and eases you along with the story, allowing things to develop and for ideas to flourish.

When I first started reading the story, without giving anything away, I thought "oh God...another vampire story," but let me tell you, that isn't the attitude I kept when I read further into the book. I'm not going to tell you what it is about, I will not crush your anthill. This book is going to shock and awe you. There were times when I was overwhelmed with excitement and wanted to blow up her twitter account saying "OMG, this part hits home, and this part, and this part!" But I didn't! And I'm sure she was probably glad for that!

This book is a rather long book, at least compared to the lengths I'll read, but this book has just been constructed and written so well that it almost makes me feel like I should have paid for it twice. The length and overall quality of the book for $2.99--astonishing. There are some parts in the book that I personally felt like "okay...we're coasting along" but it's as if Amy could read my mind, because there was always something that happened and got my heart and mind racing. She steadily builds to the climax. It is like a heart beat that is steadily increasing. NOTHING in this book is a dead end that leaves you wondering, or thinking "what was the point of mentioning that?" or "where was this going." Amy has done her homework, Amy has worked incredibly hard on this fantastic piece of literature. There is just so much covered in this book and new or different perspectives on views and just...so much in this book, I could go on forever about it, but I wont. So the only way you are going to know is if you GIVE THIS BOOK A TRY!

So who is Amy Bartol and why would you be interested? Read the book, you'll know why. As far as who she is? A FANTASTIC author and soon to be a household name.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inescapable.