Jessica(WonderlandReviews)'s Reviews > Unleashed

Unleashed by Nancy Holder

Dec 17, 2011

Stay out of the woods at night and don't go out into the dark alone. Those were the rules so often repeated through out the entire novel and as you read through it you understand why.
One girl after the next is mauled to pieces out in those woods with no clue other then some mysterious animal that they cannot seem to capture is the culprit. Just a mess of flesh.

This is one suspenseful twist after other and unlike most paranormal novel the cards are kept relatively close at hand until the book is starting to slope towards the end. You have to work for the hints that are there right in front of you, just like everyone . Just as I thought the book was coming to a close the author threw me for a loop and tossed out a cliff hanger ending that left me extremely frustrating and wanting the sequel in my hands right this moment.

I think the only thing that kind of bugged me was that the main character was from a big city and came off shallow and to make fun of a small town. Yes I can understand having moved from a small town from the big city, so it was not to big of a problem for me. I didn't like the twist towards the end that one of the characters attitude took, because it seemed just thrown out there to add a plot twist for the next book.

Favorite Charrie: Justin, I don't know what it is about that bad boy that you are suppose to stay away from but he always wins my heart in the books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleashed.