Melissa's Reviews > The Dead-Tossed Waves

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Dec 17, 11

bookshelves: recommended-by-friends, post-apocalyptic, 2011-reads, fantasy
Read from December 17 to 18, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. I started it mid afternoon and had finished it by 2am. It was that good. Then why only 4 stars? Well, I didn't like Gabry that much. She was constantly putting herself down and reacting to things in ways that made me want to slap her. Having not lived that kind of life I can't say whether I would have been more in control or not but it was annoying initially.

I enjoyed the descriptions of what was going on. The slightly darker side to their society was also interesting. The Soulers freaked me out on a massive level. Imagine believing that? It's beyond crazy!

I found that Gabry grew by the end of the book. I guess you have to. Ryan is good at giving her characters a hard time and she pushes them right until the last page.

The bridge at the end was my favourite part. The reason I laid in bed thinking about zombies and how the world would be.

I like the return to the forest too. I needed it. I needed to know a little of what had happened to the others. I needed to know more. I still do. I can't wait to read the third book.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead-Tossed Waves.

12/17/2011 page 197