Joe Chernicoff's Reviews > Gentleman Revolutionary : Gouverneur Morris, the Rake Who Wrote the Constitution

Gentleman Revolutionary  by Richard Brookhiser

Jan 12, 14

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read from December 16 to 18, 2011

Brookhiser's biographies should be part of our schools' history classes (or whatever they call them these days). Gouv. Morris would fit in well with today's politicians, although maybe he was a bit too intelligent(?), too much a visionary(?), too many ideas, both good and bad(?), and maybe he would be called a "flip-flopper", like some of our current politicians are labeled these days - but any man who cannot rethink ideas, even his own, would surely be a demagogue.

I'm just waiting for the book to be made into a screen play - Except for Morris's missing leg, burnt arm, and height, he could probably be played by Newt Gingrich.

Great book - excellent reference material, and so forth.A valuable edition to one's library. I have also recommended this work in on eof my discussion comments at my FreedomConnect.org An Informed Conservative page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gentleman Revolutionary .