Chibineko's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Jan 03, 2012

bookshelves: addicting, cute, funny, romance, footnotes, a-little-predictable, vine
Read from December 16, 2011 to January 03, 2012

I absolutely love Kinsella's books. Love em. Getting to review this one early was a pretty big holiday treat for me.

First off, I really enjoyed the character of Poppy. She's pretty flippant, light hearted, and easy to root for. Poppy is pretty much your stereotypical Kinsella heroine, so while you've seen her before in many different incarnations you'll still enjoy watching her bumble her way through the book. You might have seen a version of her in almost every one of Kinsella's books but you'll still love Poppy nonetheless.

I have to admit that the footnotes threw me every so often. I like the comedic use of footnotes and always have since I started reading Terry Pratchett. Unfortunately Kinsella's footnotes are either hit or miss and they don't blend into the story as seamlessly as Pratchett's do. They're not terrible but they're not great either and I can't help but feel that at times they could have been removed from the story without losing very much. The predictability was the other thing that sort of bothered me at times. I loved the book but I couldn't help but feel that I'd read this all before and that it was just a little too formulaic at times.

Overall this is a pretty fun read and one I just zipped through. I really loved this book and despite the predictability, I still couldn't put it down. It's not my favorite but like her other books, I know I'll probably end up reading it again in the future.

(ARC provided by Amazon Vine)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.

01/02/2012 page 162
63.0% "This is incredibly cute so far."