Loren's Reviews > Zia

Zia by Scott O'Dell

Jan 16, 12

Recommended to Loren by: Jonathan
Recommended for: Everyone who like action and adventure books
Read from December 19 to 28, 2011, read count: 1st time

** spoiler alert ** I think the genre of this book is Adventure because Zia has a bunch of Adventures everywhere in the book.Here is my summary:

This book is about a girl named Zia who lives at a Mission? In Santa Barbara and always wondered about her aunt Karana who has been living at the Island Of The Blue Dolphins for almost 18 years and plans to go to the Island to get her but instead one priests and one captain go to hunt for otter at the island and come back with Karana and she decides to stay for a while but karana died because she got very sick and Zia decides to go live back where she came from in the mountains.

My compelling literary element is the characters because the character kind of make the story and without the characters there wouldnt be one they are also very interesting and its kind of weird because whatever their emotions are you feel them too.

Questions:

Why did Karana have to sleep in the courtyard?
Why did they have to replace Father Vicente?
Why did they put Zia in a cell?

Particular Interest:
I liked when Karana comes to the mission because everyone was excited and they a feast or a festival (I think) and everything was going good!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zia.

message 1: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan This is a fair review. I like your questions but wish there were a few more (see the template). I think you could also expand on your description of why the characters are compelling. What were the parts you found the most interesting and why? Thanks for the very good summary.
Also, great job on all your comments- I'll be giving you extra credit for those.