Paris's Reviews > Circle of Fire

Circle of Fire by Keri Arthur

Dec 17, 14

bookshelves: pnr, must-read-author, netgalley, 2014
Read from December 13 to 15, 2014

I’ve read a lot of books by Keri Arthur and I’ve always really enjoyed her characters and her writing style. Circle of Fire is a re-release of a book that she had written and published years ago. It’s been on my to read list for years and I finally got around to reading it. I can’t say that I enjoyed it as much as her other series, but after a rocky start I really started to get into it. The beginning was a little slow and Maddie was very difficult to connect with. It wasn’t until about the half way point that I found myself interested in the story.

Maddie seemed to find a little bit more of a back bone when she realized that Jon was real, but it wasn’t until Eleanor entered the picture that things got really interesting. I liked Jon, but again never felt a huge connection to him. He also seemed to get better about the half way point and I think it’s mostly because the story got more exciting.

I have the rest of the Damask series books to read and I have heard each book gets better. I look forward to continuing through Keri Arthur’s catalog as I do think she is a great writer and a lot of fun to read.

Arc provided by the publisher via Netgalley for an honest review
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circle of Fire.

12/13/2014 marked as: currently-reading