Crystal's Reviews > Kiss Crush Collide

Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from January 19 to 23, 2012

Oh where to even start?? I really had high hopes for this one, I mean just look at that cover! Unfortunately the contents of the book does not live up to the awesomeness that is that cover.

Characters...well there really isn't much to say about any of them. Even Leah the main character is still a mystery to me except for the fact that she hates the life that is being handed to her on a silver platter. I understand wanting more out of your life but I mean come on she didn't have to study, she had a boyfriend who adored her, and she never had to want for anything. Show me a teenage girl who does not want what Leah has and I will give you every book I own. I am that confident that one does not exist. Again, I know she wanted more than what was expected of her but she had so many opportunites to achieve something amazing. All Leah manages to accomplish IMO is cheating on her boyfriend with a random guy. I never understood her relationship if you can call it that with Duffy. We don't get to see any of their heartfelt moments except for one and all we ever get to hear is how much they make out. It just wasn't enough for me to connect with either character. The other characters in the book are really just a blur of spoiled, smart, and irritating.
Story...I still don't understand what the whole story was about. Kiss-where I didn't see unless you call that romp in the grass a kiss...Crush-well I guess that was in there but it seemed more like Leah was mad that Duffy didn't jump at her beck and call...Collide-again where was this?? I wanted a heart stopping, all consuming love and what I got was a romp in the grass and stolen cars.

So for those who are looking for a great book about a spoiled rich girl falling for the guy on the wrong side of the tracks this is definitely not it. I really hate writing negative reviews so I am just going to leave with the cover is still pretty amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Crush Collide.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Dying to know what you think. I had to ditch this book after reading about 70 pages. It wasn't for me.

message 2: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ I'm curious about what you think too. Happy reading hun!

Crystal Hmm I am seeing that it has not gotten great reviews. I am nervous now lol! I am starting it tonight so I will let you both know how it goes.

Tina did you try it out yet?

message 4: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Not yet but I plan to soon enough, well maybe, I'm gonna see how you like it first;)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Tina don't buy it. We all have different taste but I just couldn't do it. The main characeters we too pretentious for my liking.

message 6: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ A friend of mine has it already so I might just borrow hers. I heard mixed reviews on this one so yeah, I might just skip it.

Aly (Fantasy4eva) It stood out to me, but kind-of-sorta due to the cover. So maybe getting it wouldn't be such a good idea :P

Crystal The cover drew me in also Aly =) I am about 50 pgs in and it is just okay. I am hoping it picks up soon.

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko The cover drew me in as well. I was hoping for something like Perfect Chemistry. How is the book treating you?

Crystal It was horrible!! I don't even know what to say except that =(

Crystal I know the cover is so pretty but it is definitely misleading.

message 12: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Bummer... I love the cover. Oh well... on to the next one. :/

Crystal I would totally advise skipping this one. I had such high hopes too =(

Crystal I really didn't like it Amreen. I am working on my review and that might help you decide. It was just so shallow!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Shallow is a great word to describe my feelings as well. I am glad to know I am not the only one who didn't care for it. Like Arlene said on to the next one.

Crystal I am not sure if I know anybody who would like this one so you are most definitely not alone JJJ lol. Thanks for the warning =)

message 17: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ 1star?!? Wow, yeah, that says it all my friend. Yeah, I'm totally not reading this. Sorry it was a dud:(

Crystal Tina is was just awful! My review doesn't even begin to describe how I felt about this book lol. I don't think you would like it at all. There weren't any sweet moments =(

message 19: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Shame, the cover really is purdy. Great honest review sista!

message 20: by Lora (new)

Lora Taking this one off my TBR list. Thanks, Crystal! Great review BTW:)

Crystal Thanks Tina! I think I need to start reading books with horrible covers because the last 2 that were purdy sure did disappoint.

LOL glad to help Lora and thanks!

message 22: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ LOL! Now that's something to think about! lol

message 23: by Crystal (last edited Jan 24, 2012 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Crystal @Tina it could work right??!! LOL!

@Amreen LOL I will keep you updated =D

Crystal Oh it was horrible Chanda! I think you would have chunked it across the room lol!