Lisa Kay's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

Alexandria, Egypt
description

I found this Victorian dress on Pinterest, pinned from “Old Rags” website.
Its practical nature would surely appeal to Alexia Tarabotti, Lady Maccon.

[image error]

★★★★½ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Ah! My little kumquats, I do so love this series. Sorry to see this fifth and final book in the Parasol Protectorate.

Emily Gray does an excellent job with all the various paranormal – and soulless – voices, but she does her best with Prudence, who is now a toddler, making her sound like the “puggle precious” Lord Akeladama dubs her; but, not to worry, she’s not too precocious! In fact, Ms. Gray is so good at delivering Ms. Carriger’s alternate historical version of Victorian England that I wish I’d know about her sooner. Now I’ll end up buying this series in audio as well. Yes, she’s that good.

If you have NOT tried steampunk before; if you like the Victorian era; if you get off on Etiquette & Espionage; and if you like paranormal worlds filled with werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and a preternatural or two, this is the series with which to start.

Maybe I did not laugh as much as I did in Heartless, and I certainly did NOT see... (view spoiler) However, I still enjoyed every minute of it.

[image error]

Alexia is called to Egypt this time, and she’s having a hard time finding any tea!

Alas, Gentle Reader, it is impossible to review this book without spoilers! All I can say is that I am impressed and surprised at the all-encompassing arc of the series, with details planted early on and things neatly tied up, for the most part. Or, at least, we know that they’ll most likely reappear in the spin-off series The Parasol Protectorate Abroad which doesn’t come out until Fall, 2013!

Archaeologist and author Ms. Carriger’s avatar showing her hard at work on her laptop.
description

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2) Blameless (Parasol Protectorate, #3) Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate, #4) Timeless (Parasol Protectorate, #5)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Midu Hadi when will you read this one,LK?

Lisa Kay Just finished it, Midu! Loved it. ☺

message 3: by Karla (new)

Karla Another fabulous review Lisa Kay!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Dean, Tate, Dan, Ty & Hunter Great review and beautiful pics, Lisa Kay!

Lisa Kay Thanks, Karla & Baba!!

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ Lisa, perfect and awesome!!!!

message 7: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne As always, great review Lisa Kay!

Midu Hadi oh man! i don't want it to end!