Robert's Reviews > Shattered Wings

Shattered Wings by Bryan Healey

5992086
Dec 16, 2011

Read from January 21 to 22, 2012

I just started this book yesterday and I could not really put it down. I enjoyed the honesty and real nature of this story. Bryan did a great job showing the relationship of Charlie and John as a realistic portrayal of a gay couple that go through their issues just like any other couple. I felt horrible for John from the start. I felt that he just was going through so much but at the same time, I felt that he was so engulfed in his own issues that he never really wanted to change his circumstances.

Charlie was a great character who did his best to stand by his partner. I felt that Bryan again took a realistic approach to how Charlie would react in a variety of situations and I felt bad for him too. He loved John, and vice versa but there is just so much someone can take before they finally say, enough is enough. In the end, I think he did the right thing by taking Cassie and going away from the situation.

I took a star off because I thought the ending, while good was a bit anti-climactic. I liked that it did not end happy but the way it ended for John was just not something I wanted to see. I think Bryan could have ended it in a more positive way while keeping it an unhappy ending.

All that being said, I did enjoy this story and look forward to Bryan's next venture.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shattered Wings.