Rea's Reviews > The Kure

The Kure by Jaye Frances

F_50x66
Dec 16, 11

Read in December, 2011

The Kure is a riveting tale that put me into a reading frenzy. I was quickly drawn into John and Sarah’s world, enthusiastically cheering for Sarah while trying to hold back tears for John. The author has crafted some of the most authentic characters I’ve met in a long time. Even the secondary characters are well-defined, adding interest and credibility to the storyline. The novel’s setting and descriptions are solid and even with the constant surprise of new plot developments and situations, the logic of the characters’ actions is flawless. And did I mention the outstanding quality of the writing? Yet the best part of the book was simply the story. I had to keep reading, just to see what happens.

The romantic element was far from typical and yet it was strong enough to have me aching for that moment when John could finally take Sarah in his arms and proclaim his love – (tiny spoiler alert) – which he does, in the middle of a raging thunderstorm.

This is one of the most interesting and intriguing novels I’ve picked up in quite awhile. There is no empty baggage here—everything works. John Tyler and Sarah Sheridan stole my heart, and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. Brilliant!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kure.