The Sweet Bookshelf's Reviews > Swept: Love with a Chance of Drowning

Swept by Torre DeRoche

Dec 16, 11

Christy's Review:

I stumbled across Swept Love with a Chance of Drowning while blog diving on the Internet. As an avid traveler I’m always on the lookout for blogs and books about adventurous souls. When I found Torre DeRoche’s blog (www.fearfuladventurer.com) and e-book, I couldn’t resist the impulse buy. And it was a great buy! I mean really, who could resist a hilarious story about someone with a fear of water who gets up the gumption to sail across the Pacific in an old sailboat with a guy she met in a bar?

I’m a sucker for the ocean and quickly fell in love with Torre’s beautiful, relaxed writing style and great descriptions of life at sea. Her fear of deep water both cracked me up and hit close to home for me – I have a fear of dark water and all things that I can’t see in said dark water. But at the same time I long for and LOVE the ocean and would live in it despite that fear, if I could.

If you like travel, romance, humor, sailing or if you’re just looking for a great tale about overcoming one’s fears and bettering life, you’ll LOVE this book. I laughed, I longed for the sea, I dreamt of the destinations in this story and lived out the adventures as I inhaled this book; It swept me away.

A favorite line: “Some people die of old age without ever having lived their dreams. Some people die without ever having loved. That’s tragic. We’ll both die someday, that’s a guarantee. If something happens on the ocean, we’ll die as two people in love who are living a remarkable adventure…”

NB: This book was available as a self-published e-book for a while. Miss DeRoche has just sold her book, and the movie rights and it is no longer available for sale. It will re-release in 2013 in both standard and e-formats. Seriously people, put this one in your Amazon pre-order bin. You won’t regret it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swept.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by K (new) - rated it 4 stars

K Why three stars then? Your review would indicate a higher rating.

Denise Pulis K wrote: "Why three stars then? Your review would indicate a higher rating."
Agreed! Very strange