Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > Infatuation

Infatuation by Melissa Schroeder

Jan 11, 12

Read from December 31, 2011 to January 03, 2012

This is my first time reading a book by Melissa Schroeder and it won't be my last. Infatuation pulled me in from start to finish. Kade is one sexy hero who is "crushing" on his best friend's sister. What Kade doesn't know is that the feeling is mutual. Shannon has been lusting after the handsome SEAL for a while and decides that now is the time to finally make her move. After a sinfully sexy and hot tumble between the sheets, Kade is called away on a mission. A couple of months later, he returns; battered and broken. Shannon's feelings for Kade have not gone away but she's not to sure that he feels the same for her.

Infatuation is not only a hot and sexy read but it's very emotional. Even though it's not a full-length novel, the characters and plots are well-developed. Growing up around SEALS, Shannon knows how to stand on her own. She knows the danger that her brother and his friends face when they leave. She keeps the home fires burning, so to speak, where they have somewhere to rest, recuperate and relax when they are in town.

After returning from his mission, Kade is in limbo. He's not sure where he's headed next but he does know that he misses Shannon terribly even though he has nothing to offer her. He's dealing with an injury and PTSD. But Kade doesn't give Shannon a lot of credit. She is strong. And he realizes that he can lean on her as he works his way back to health.

I loved each character, especially Deke, also known as "Chief." His book is next and I can't wait! Infatuation has the perfect combination of emotion, humor and smexy times. I will definitely be reading more by Melissa Schroeder.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infatuation.

01/02/2012