Tony Bertauski's Reviews > In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy

In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks . . . And Other Complaints... by Adam Carolla

Dec 16, 2011

Read from December 16 to 29, 2011

If you were offended, shame on you. You knew it was going to be an irreverent sh!tstorm of political incorrectness when you read the title. And if you're not easily offended, you'll find Carolla's smear campaign of life hilarious. I was braced for something much more offensive. It was, sure. But I was going into it expecting something like "women get in the kitchen and men go bowling." It wasn't entirely that, either.

He gives a brief overview of his past, which is a nice set up to his parade of criticism. Carolla does a nice job of summarizing his difficult upbringing before getting on with the jokes.

He provides the reader with a full range of reactions. I laughed out loud several times, cringed and winced, and rolled my eyes. What is best about Carolla's book is the shear bravado of bashing everything and everyone. He holds nothing back, kissing no a$$ that should probably be kissed. While this probably explains why we don't see or hear more of him on TV or radio, it's this unabashed irreverence that makes him hilarious.

He has an opinion of everything that holds no prisoners and some of them were, yes, very good. (I'm packing a can of fix-a-flat in every car, thank you, Adam.) And while he digs into the tedium of daily life -- from toilet paper to heating the bathroom floor before you wake up -- everything is tinged with captivating humor.

He frequently steps over the line, prefacing his politically incorrect rants with "this is where people think I'm racist/sexist/whateverist, but..." And while the reader won't agree with all his ideology, you might still find it funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy.

05/15/2016 marked as: read