Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug)'s Reviews > Home for Christmas

Home for Christmas by Cally Taylor

Dec 20, 11

Read in December, 2011

This book has alternating chapters which tell Beth and Matts’ story. I really enjoyed being able to read different perspectives, sometimes of the same event. Beth is both ambitious and looking for her happy-ever-after. Matt is trying not to be a dick. Can they help each other on their quests?

Cally Taylor is a fantastic writer – very witty, she had me giggling all the way through! There are some real gems buried in this book! Taylor does a fantastic job at creating 3D characters who you’ll either love or utterly detest (in particular Carl, god I really disliked him!!)

I also loved the independent cinema aspect of this book; Beth works at the Picturebox which is being sought by a massive chain who plan to rip it apart. There was something so real and genuine about this, and the whole story that drew me in.

I found it very hard to put this book down. I have to admit, I guessed the ending fairly early on but this didn’t stop me turning the last page wanting more! Despite the Christmas cover and title – this book could be read anytime!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home for Christmas.