LibraryLass's Reviews > Crystal Gardens

Crystal Gardens by Amanda Quick

May 09, 13

bookshelves: 2012
Read in June, 2012 — I own a copy

I know other reviewers have commented on the seeming repetition of some of AQs' other books with this one. I didn't notice, nor care. I have been in a complete reading funk lately and a lot of it is because I seem to repeatedly be picking up supposed 'romances' whether they be historical, paranormal or suspense and they are not what I deem to be romance, they are erotica. With the huge success of a certain erotic trilogy, I know that this trend is gaining popularity. But I would like my romances to stay just that. If they are going to be more towards erotica then they need to be marked "paranormal erotica" or "historical erotica" because they in no way resemble what I have always deemed romance.

So having said all of that... it is so refreshing to be able to pick up a book and KNOW it is going to hit all the right buttons for me. Jayne Ann Krentz in all her guises always does it for me. This one reminded me of her pre-Arcane days. I am so looking forward to the rest of the series. Thank you JAK for always delivering on a tried and true romance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crystal Gardens.