Matt Guendel's Reviews > Sleeping Beauty: a Little Golden Book

Sleeping Beauty by Michael Teitelbaum

M_50x66
Dec 15, 11

Read in December, 2011

This was the story of Sleeping Beauty. In a far away land long ago lived a King Stephan and his Queen, and they had a daughter named Aurora. Aurora who is Sleeping beauty, had a bunch of people come to the kingdom in honor of her birth. The most honored guests were the three good fairies, Fona, Flora, and Merryweather. Each of the fairies could give the princess one gift each. FLora blest the child with beauty, Fona gave the gift of song, and before Merryweather could give her gift lightning struck and the evil witch appeared. She cast a spell that sunset before Aurora's sixteenth birthday she would break her finger on a spindle and die. There was a cry that rose from everyone and the witch vanished. Merryweather raised her magic wound over the cradle and set another spell on her. She set her in a deep sleep until true loved awoke her by kissing her, and saving her life. Through a bunch of planning this ends up happening. This was more of a woman's book and didn't really interest me to much. It was cleverly written though, and I know it is a popular story for young girls. There are fairy's, witches, kingdoms, and the whole nine yards which makes it a fairy tale. I would keep this book in my classroom for the girls. The illustrations were 2D and pretty basic. It was a good story, just not for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping Beauty.