Pagetranquillity's Reviews > Days with Indigo

Jan 13, 12

it was ok
bookshelves: e-reader, could-not-finish
Read from December 23, 2011 to January 13, 2012

Yes, I rated a book I didn't even finish. No matter how I try I can't think of anything nice to say about the writing and the plot. The dialogue is boring and I do not believe the author did much research into the main points of her book. The mother of the main character, Chloe Adair, is supposed to be suffering from a "mental disorder" that eventually leads to trying shock treatments. The only evidence of this mental illness was a scene where her mother was disoriented, everything else were just references that all medications and other therapies were tried with no success. We aren't let in on any of that. I'm not sure what time peroid this is set in, maybe just an older area of London where people speak and act as they did in the past. I don't expect long explainations on treatments or medications, but what else would qualify the mother to be so seriously mentally ill? Then there is a mystery told through the flashbacks of young Chloe at University where she befrieds a professor, and in the present we are left to wonder why this man was personally secretive and why he had disappeared out of Chloe's life. Honestly, I don't know, I did not feel any desire in the least to finish this poorly written story. Granted this is the author's first attempt at fiction, perhaps in the future her skills at writing fiction will improve.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Days with Indigo.