Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*'s Reviews > Reason to Breathe

Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan

QUICK REVIEW -Spoiler Free
4STARS
Genre: YA- Romance

- 'In the balance of Love and loss, it was love that made me struggle to... Breathe.
-Book Quote

I am really at a loss for words with this book.... I found myself breathless at certain points in this book finding my own feelings jumbled in a mass of pain held in my chest.
Reason to Breathe is about a young girl named Emily(Emma). She is a good student at Weslyn High earning straight A's,she is the editor for the Weslyn school paper and plays soccer,basketball and runs track for her school as well. Emma excels at soccer which she hopes to get a scholarship for. Her father is deceased and her mother gave her up because she is ill from the sickness we know as alcoholism.

Emma has been living with her Uncle his wife and their 2 young kids for 4 yrs. She is counting down the day til she leaves knowing they are too. Emma's Best friend is Sara a tall pretty red head. In school Emma keeps to herself and only talks to Sara, but a new boy Evan Matthews comes to school and in just one day everything changes.

I do not want to give away the book so i advise you to read it. It's that good. The only thing i will say is that Emma's home life is bad it is filled with hate. Hatred that i spent a good 55% of the book trying to find reasons for, then i realized you can not rationalize or understand hate. We should never have to understand it... Hate is just wrong. PERIOD.

MY CASTING
 photo 23858c71-05cc-4989-ab62-1ee6d32b6d02_zps52b38177.jpg

My Ratings
Characters- Lovable,Raw and Honest
Writing Style- Good, Raw and Honest
Plot/Storyline- Excellent
Overall- A MUST READ
Now go forth and read. Then come tell us about it on Goodreads!
For more reviews got to http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reason to Breathe.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aestas Book Blog Is this a HEA book?

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Actually it has a crazy cliffhanger that has left me in a stupor waiting for the nxt bk which comes out in May. The book is really good but I suggest you wait and read the 2 together accordding to the author there will be a 3rd bk.

Aestas Book Blog Lol! Okay then. I'll put this one on hold. Glad I asked!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* No prob happy to help :-)

message 7: by Splage (new) - added it

Splage Great review. Sounds really interesting and that I have to be in the right mood to read it.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Thanks Splage! It's very intense make sure you have a nice fluffy book lined up after you read this and bk2:)

message 9: by Amina (new) - added it

Amina I've been wanting to read this book for ages! Thanks for the great review! :)

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Awesome review this sounds awesome!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Kellie wrote: "Awesome review this sounds awesome!"

Oh it is, a definite MUST READ!!!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Yeah I bought it and the 2nd one cos cliffhangers shit me! Lol

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Kellie wrote: "Yeah I bought it and the 2nd one cos cliffhangers shit me! Lol"

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!!

Linda I was hesitant to read this series due to the storyline but I'm glad I read both books. Looking forward to Out of Breath. I hope Emma and Evan get their HEA.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Linda wrote: "I was hesitant to read this series due to the storyline but I'm glad I read both books. Looking forward to Out of Breath. I hope Emma and Evan get their HEA."

Me too, I am honestly anxious to see where the author will take this story. I also wonder if she will do a time jump...

Linda Alexis ~*Your official Book PIMP*~ wrote: "Linda wrote: "I was hesitant to read this series due to the storyline but I'm glad I read both books. Looking forward to Out of Breath. I hope Emma and Evan get their HEA."

Me too, I am honestly a..."

Both books were rough reads. I know we will see Emma go off to to college in California and meet new friends. If I'm not mistaken Jonathan is in CA. Not sure how I feel about that. I don't think he is right for Emma.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Linda wrote: "Alexis ~*Your official Book PIMP*~ wrote: "Linda wrote: "I was hesitant to read this series due to the storyline but I'm glad I read both books. Looking forward to Out of Breath. I hope Emma and Ev..."

Hmmm. I think Johnathan may be what she needs for a time... Idk. I like him but like you said not for her/Emma so maybe he's in her life for a time and for a reason at this time in her life...

Linda Alexis ~*Your official Book PIMP*~ wrote: "Linda wrote: "Alexis ~*Your official Book PIMP*~ wrote: "Linda wrote: "I was hesitant to read this series due to the storyline but I'm glad I read both books. Looking forward to Out of Breath. I ho..."

People come and go in your life for a reason. Maybe he is what Emma needed at the time. I just can't get past the fact he was involved with Emma's mother. I wanted to like Jonathan, I really did. After he hit Evan that was it for me. Looking forward to seeing where this story goes.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Yeah, very awkward that he was with the mother... I too, can't wait to see what happens!

Tokies well said great review.. and sometimes folks are just hopelessly hateful

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Tokies wrote: "well said great review.. and sometimes folks are just hopelessly hateful"

True. Thank you!!! :))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ A lovely review Alexis! This is another of the series I have patiently been waiting to read. So excited you liked it. I am reading soon = ))))

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "A lovely review Alexis! This is another of the series I have patiently been waiting to read. So excited you liked it. I am reading soon = ))))"

Thank you, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it SueBee!!! :)

Tokies omg girl... she's so hateful it makes no fucking sense

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Thanks = DDD Need to gather some strength for the tears...

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Tokies wrote: "omg girl... she's so hateful it makes no fucking sense"

*Sighs* I know right..

message 27: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne FABULOUS review!!! ❤❤

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Lisa Jayne wrote: "FABULOUS review!!! ❤❤"

Thanks Lisa Jayne!!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Alexis :))

It's just me Shelly B Great review Alexis!

Tokies Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "omg girl... she's so hateful it makes no fucking sense"

*Sighs* I know right.."

im in the last hour of this book.. and i know what's coming.. and i cant keep going .. cos i can see the train wreck.. thankfully.. the whole series is done! so i wont be cliffhangered

message 32: by Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* (last edited Jul 03, 2013 08:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Thanks Blacky and Shelly!!

message 33: by Tokies (last edited Jul 04, 2013 04:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tokies Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Thanks Blacky and Shelly!!

Tokies- I agree thank the stars you will not be left hanging cause you would be royally pissed off..."

yep i hit the end.. i found myself so disappointed with evan.. on and off throughout both books in halfway though book two.. i cant explain it but he does this move were it's "about him".. the level of broken emma is dealing with and some of the crap evan does annoys me. it's about him and what he wants "right this second" i cant explain it.. i like him and i dont like him but no boy is perfect lol

message 34: by Tokies (last edited Jul 04, 2013 04:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tokies (view spoiler)

need someone to tell me pls

this book is freakin me out.. this freakin series..

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Tokies wrote: "[spoilers removed]

this book is freakin me out.. this freakin series.."

Hey, Tokies just saw this. Ok so, (view spoiler)

message 36: by Tokies (last edited Jul 04, 2013 03:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tokies Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "[spoilers removed]

this book is freakin me out.. this freakin series.."

Hey, Tokies just saw this. Ok so, [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

oh no .. emma honey that party... im gonna switch to your next review.. this makes me so sad

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Tokies wrote: "Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "[spoilers removed]

this book is freakin me out.. this freakin series.."

Hey, Tokies just saw this. Ok so..."

OH lord, (view spoiler) Not even sure how to rate it yet :(

message 38: by Tokies (last edited Jul 04, 2013 05:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tokies Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "[spoilers removed]

Hey, Tokies just ..."

(view spoiler)

lol this long convo spoiler thing is cracking me up.. almost like a buddy read except u finish the book lol

message 39: by Didi (new)

Didi Awesome review Alexis!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Didi wrote: "Awesome review Alexis!"

Thanks DiDi!!! :)

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Tokies wrote: "Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "[spoilers removed]

need someone to tell me pls

this book is freakin me ..."

LOL!!!

Yeah, I actually like Cole's character too! Wonder if he is worthy of a spin-off book??

message 42: by Tokies (last edited Jul 05, 2013 04:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tokies Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Tokies wrote: "[spoilers removed]

this book..."

im not sure.. i spent most of the book just wanting someone to spend the whole damn book series hugging the crap out of emma. i cant tell you how many times i just hug my ipad lol cos it was like god damn girl...

i am glad about the whole jared sarah thing.. and id love a emma, evan, sarah, jared. novella wedding or something..i gotta know everything worked out.. seriously.. i need a super happy ending for this group not just the eippy we got.. i need an over the top happy ending .. cos i shed snotty tears for this book.. plus too many ipad hugs

here's the thing.. i truely cant understand evan at all.. which makes him hard to get behind.. that first time he abandon her i was pretty much disappointed with him..

message 43: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Payne I think, the characters are good, but a little too old.