Dani's Reviews > The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles

The War of Art by Steven Pressfield

Dec 15, 11

I own a copy

If you need that extra kick in the pants to get started on your next oil painting, writing venture, or just to finally clean out your dang garage or the cupboards in your kitchen, this is the book for you.

Very straight-forward and inspiring book, not just for artists.

It's a good read for life in general. The first two-thirds of the book relate to all aspects of life, and inspiration in general. The final third of the book relates to more abstractly inspirational, ethereal, maybe even supernatural concepts. I, for one, enjoy reads about such things. For those more literal and skeptical about how you view your life pursuits (read--super-atheists), it may not sit well with you.
I, however, found the book not only enriching, but also a quick and easy-to-relate-to read. At only 150 some-odd pages and with a larger print-per-page ratio, I could read and re-read it several times in a week should I want to. And with the quick shots of true-isms and tidbits of inspirational insights it gave, I may very well be tempted to do just that.
I did buy the book, but to rent it from the library would probably be enough for most people. Very doable in a week, or even a couple of days. And the content is definitely worth it for the time commitment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The War of Art.