Jamie's Reviews > Love, Aubrey

Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LaFleur

U 50x66
Dec 15, 2011

Love: Audrey
When I read this book I felt I actually was the character. I felt her emotions, her pain; I heard her thoughts and saw what she saw. As I was reading I heard Bridget talking to me, and her little sister laughing as she ran around the yard. I even smelled the Virginia air and how she said it smelled of cows. I pictured the scene of the crash and felt how she must have felt when she found out her father and sister had died. It was a very visual story.
I liked the characters because I can kind of relate to Aubrey because I kind of lost a person who I consider my mom but she came back. And I also have friends that get mad because I never tell them anything. I also like being alone sometimes too. (And I like fish) I also get mad at people easily just like Aubrey. And I don’t open up to certain people as easily as others. But my biggest and closest relation to Aubrey is that I miss my dad.
You will really like this because it’s got a little bit of a mix in it, like it will make you laugh, it will make you cry, and if you get as into it as I did you will feel how loving her family was. And the author explains things well so you can easily visualize things that Aubrey talks about in the book. I had to reread the part when she gets in the crash it was a terrible picture, I heard their screams, and it made me sick to my stomach. This book reminds me of a friend of mine she is tired of being in foster homes and she just wants to be left alone. This book is a great thing to read on free time so pick up a copy and see for
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Aubrey.