Leanne Bell's Reviews > The Queen's Lady

The Queen's Lady by Eve Edwards

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: blue-green-grey, historical-fiction, kindle-read, princesses-princes-kings-queens, prettiful-covers, young-adult, set-in-the-uk, read-2012, read-jan-2012
Read from December 27, 2011 to January 02, 2012

This is the second in The Lacey Chronicles and just as amazing as the first. Though I still maintain that living in this century probably would have resulted in me locked in the tower for offending some noble, you can't deny the escapism and realism that this series provides.
The fact is that Eve Edwards writes with skill and in such a way I was able to pick this up and immediately lose myself in the story of a character whose story actually started in the previous book.

Lady Jane drew me in on so many levels; she's flawed and knows it, she's a strong female character who doesn't give up and she's one hell of a kick-ass heroine (considering the time this is set in, this stands out a lot!) Her connection to James is electric and, as in the previous book, I wanted to kick some sense into the lead male character, admittedly though at least he had a good reason for what he did.
I found that the peril in this novel was somewhat more intense than the last due to the way the plot played out and I was hoping and praying for a happy ending.

There is no shortage of romance and to top off the main storyline, there's another romance as well which is just as challenging and epic as the main storyline and also deals with racism and discrimination on some level. Love is love regardless of class, colour or religion and it will always win out in the end, that's my opinion anyway.
Summed up, this is an exceptional example of historical fiction/romance and I say to Miss Edwards, please write more books!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen's Lady.

12/29/2011
12/30/2011
41.0% "ah, the days when marriage was a contract, and women were goods. Screw that!"
show 1 hidden update…