Claire's Reviews > A Clean Kill in Tokyo

6319899
Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: crime-mystery, read-in-2012, adult-fiction
Read from January 08 to 10, 2012

John Rain is an American/Japanese assassin. Little does he know, he is being manipulated. When a hit goes slightly awry, he digs deeper and finds things not as he expected. People around him begin to hunt him, and he runs into the daughter of the last man he killed.

This book was recommended to me through a reader advisory group when I asked for books like Lee Child's Jack Reacher series.

It started out better than other mysteries that I've read recently. Within the first couple of chapters, I loved that I was already right in the middle of the action and I knew the main character and most of his important details.

However the book seemed to level out after this. I never felt a really strong urge to continue reading. I wasn't desperate to find out how it all came together. I did continue reading though and it was decent. Just not blow me away awesome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clean Kill in Tokyo.

01/08/2012 page 72
20.0% "I love that within the first chapter or two, I know who the main guy is, I know his background, and what feels like the main problem in the book has already begun."