Nafiza's Reviews > The Magicians and Mrs. Quent

The Magicians and Mrs. Quent by Galen Beckett

Jul 08, 14

bookshelves: high-fantasy, 2014
Read from July 07 to 08, 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magicians and Mrs. Quent.

11/24/2013 marked as: to-read
07/07/2014 marked as: currently-reading
07/08/2014 page 118
23.0% "The pace is slow but it is quite engrossing. Very well written. Fans of Jane Austen will love this."
07/08/2014 page 172
34.0% "Uh oh. First roadblock. The main character accepts that magic and the practice of it is only for men. I hope she's proved wrong or else this book and I will not be friends no matter how wonderfully it is written. Also, where is Mr. Quent and who is Mrs. Quent? Why is it taking so long to bring that into the narrative?"
07/08/2014 page 206
41.0% "Ugh. Men! So perfidious."
07/08/2014 page 406
81.0% "Most curiously - the novel feels like the characters waltzed in from the pages of a Jane Austen novel and then, a hundred pages later, the reader is wandering the moors found in Bronte's Jane Eyre."
07/08/2014 page 421
84.0% ""I am a woman and can never work magick." That's twice now that the main character has said these words and I don't understand the logic behind it. What do men have apart from a penis that makes them such special snowflakes? why can women be witches but not magicians?"
07/08/2014 marked as: read