Chris's Reviews > A Faint Cold Fear

A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter

Dec 24, 11

Read from December 15 to 24, 2011

Out of the Karin Slaughter novels I have read this is my least favorite. Don’t get me wrong it was enjoyable because of the characters I have come to know. These characters are well written and I enjoyed the next chapter in their fictional lives.

In this book a suspicious suicide occurs sending out the town Medical Examiner Sara Linton. She is called out while with her pregnant sister. This particular death might have remained a suicide if it wasn’t for the stabbing of Sara’s sister at the crime scene. This begins the police on a difficult search for the true meaning of the suicide. It wasn’t terrible but I found myself losing interest from time to time and zoning out. I listened to this in audio and I think if I would have actually read it I might have struggled to finish. The suspense that is in the other books I have read by her was missing. I even felt at the end that I didn’t care who the killer was. It was an interesting twist but I was not overly impressed with the reveal.

Every author from time to time has a novel not everyone will like. This was my least favorite but I didn’t hate it. I am glad I read it because it is part of the series, but I know if I ever decided to reread these novels I will skip the reread on this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Faint Cold Fear.