Sarahi 's Reviews > Ellen Foster

Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons

Dec 16, 2011

it was ok

Ellen is a girl who has gone through a lot; Ellen is the protagonist of the book. She had to face the brutal attacks of her dad and life. ”Ellen Foster” by Kaye Gibbons is about the journey of a little girl named Ellen who is very brave emotionally during different moments in her life for a 11 year old. The book is mostly about the most memorable things she has even if it means they are negative. She is sexually abused by her alcoholic father, and, as he is unemployed and very mean at home, she must do all household responsibilities, like paying bills, shopping, and cooking. Ellen is always looking for a better future. Sadly all her possible caretakers have died or have been really mean to her.
I would recommend this book to all students who want to read a challenging book that has an ending that is not expected. I liked this book because it goes to the past and comes back to the present. Ellen remains hopeful that she will someday find a loving home, which she eventually does. I won’t say the ending but it is very thrilling, I want to read the next book were now she is a teenager.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ellen Foster.

04/08 marked as: read