Ash Miller's Reviews > Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe by Allison Moon

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: rock-my-lady-parts
Read in November, 2011

Lunatic Fringe is a such a delightfully maddening story. In trying to describe it to those who have never heard of it I have discovered it helps to go beyond "lesbian werewolves"... as the story itself goes well beyond that, in my opinion. Lunatic Fringe is a tale that is penned in open and honest language that is easily related to by the reader (male, female, somewhere in between... I've asked them all post reading and we all agree on this one). Different folk will find different parts that speak to them - to me this book is about the challenge in overcoming fears, the importance in tackling things outside your comfort zones, the need to speak out and speak up without loosing touch with reality, and the way we as a society have a very nasty habit of making judgements without knowledge. The characters are distinct and seemingly playing to stereotypes until they begin to open their mouths more. An abundance of strong female characters and inspiration - I look forward to the day when Allison tries her skills at creating a powerful male character... and then of the glory that would be the battle involving the two (I can't quite decide which would be hotter... fighting together or against one another).
Allison Moon manages to make a book that flirts with my body, my mind, and most importantly my passion. I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel to Lunatic Fringe and anything else that manages to make it out into the public realm!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lunatic Fringe.