Morgan's Reviews > Talk to Me

liked it
bookshelves: 2-stars, 3-stars
Read from January 16 to 17, 2012

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

Talk to Me by Cassandra Carr was extremely good for it was: a hot, steamy read that was based on sex. Unfortunately, I was looking for a little bit more than that. Whether or not I’d recommend this novel depends entirely on what you’re looking for.

I recommend Talk to Me if you are looking for a smutty, steamy, mindless read.
I don’t recommend Talk to Me if you are looking for a riveting plot, an intense romance, or a strong emotional connection with a story and the characters.

Personally, I expected more from the plot, the characters, and the character’s relationship. I wanted to see the characters get to know one another better “outside of the bedroom”. It seemed like the plot and the characters entire relationship was based on sex. The beginning of the novel is about them fantasizing about having sex with one another; the middle and end of this novel is them actually having sex with one another. (Sorry if that spoiled anything!) The sex scenes were smokin’ hot, but I wanted MORE.

The characters in this novel were okay. Honestly, I didn’t get to know the characters well enough to describe them thoroughly. Jamie was very blah; I really don’t even know how to describe her. Drew was an alpha male; he was very domineering and possessive. I can say that the tension and attraction between Jamie and Drew felt real.

I gave Talk to Me by Cassandra Carr 3 STARS (2.5 STARS).

-XOXO
READING, EATING & DREAMING
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talk to Me.