Kimberly Lewis's Reviews > I Love This Bar

I Love This Bar by Carolyn Brown

Sep 13, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: cowboys, contemporary-reads

I really enjoyed reading this novel. Jarod is such a sweetheart and I loved how he never gave up on Daisy. He truly shows her that there are still some good guys left in this world:) And like Ms. Brown's other novels, there were some fair share of laughs in this one as well. There is this one part where Daisy is at Jarod's uncle's place and the two of them are in "their" room. Jarod sits down on the bed and the springs creak rather loudly. He gives Daisy a mischievous smile and begins to hop up and down, making it sound like they are...you know:) Daisy gets all flustered and embarrassed knowing that Jarod's uncle must have heard the noise. Jarod laughs it off and tells her that since they are "married" it's ok. The one and only gripe I have about this book is the constant talk about country songs. I think it’s alright to mention a song here or there, but the running theme for this novel was Toby Keith’s "I Love This Bar" song (hence the title). But once you get past all of that it’s actually a very nice novel with characters that will stick with you even after your done reading:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Love This Bar.

09/13 marked as: read