Shiran's Reviews > The Bite Before Christmas

The Bite Before Christmas by Lynsay Sands

4197575
Dec 15, 2011

bookshelves: series, short-story-novella, vampires, paranormal-romance
Read in December, 2011

6 Stars! Home For the Holidays - Jeaniene Frost
Cat and Bones are celebrating the holidays with their "family" but when a mysterious vampire appears their celebrations are cut short.

Thank God for this novella! After This Side of the Grave I was worried that JF had lost her touch for the passion between Cat and Bones but after reading this story I'm so happy to see that she hasn't! This story was everything you expect of the Night Huntress series, full of romance, passion, adventure and shocking secrets. I loved every minute of it and I think this story should have been the 6th book and This Side of the Grave should have been the novella.

I find that I am loving Ian more and more in this series and this novella only solidified my liking for him. He was funny and cheeky, and I think he added much to the greatness of this story. :)

3 Stars: The Gift - Lynsay Sands
This is the first story by Lynsay Sands I've read and I have to say I was disappointed. The story felt like being the third wheel on a very boring date and I found that I instinctively skimmed through some of it. The reason I gave it the extra star was because even though I didn't enjoy the story as a whole the idea behind the vampires was very clever and makes me interested enough to give the full series a try, though I do wonder about the fact that this is a paranormal romance series and it's 15 books in with her just finding the love of her life? Not to mention the fact that it was done in a novella rather than a full book. I do have to add that the sex scenes were amazing though!

Having said that I HATED Teddy... Why on Earth would you want to read a book where the main character is in love with a crusty 64 year old man? His name bothered me to no end and the fact that he kept calling his penis "little teddy" was disgusting and creepy... like a pedophile. Also I didn't like Sands take on men and women. She had a very "you big man, me pathetic woman" way of thinking and as an eternal feminist it offended me. If that is translated into the whole series I will definitely be stopping before I finish the first book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bite Before Christmas.

Quotes Shiran Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“I don't care what you think, your junk does not have special abilities.”
Jeaniene Frost, The Bite Before Christmas