Nomad's Reviews > Radiant Shadows

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr

Feb 06, 12

bookshelves: melissa-marr
Read on January 20, 2012

I think it may say something about me that I seem to really gravitate to the darker volumes in the Wicked Lovely series. Something about the books about the Dark and Shadow Courts really grabs at me. The fact that this book went into the Hunt, who are the Dark and Shadow Court troops just made it all the more engrossing for me.

Here we see what has been going on with the Dark Court, and what's been going on with the High Queen Sorcha's Bloodied Hands, Devlin, and the formation of the Shadow Court. We get an in depth look at the Hunt and their leader, the Gabriel. Of special note: The Hunt is gender equal and the women of the Hunt are fierce warriors. FREAKING YES!!! Chela and Ani rock and I defy anyone to say different.

The character of Rae is introduced here and I really wish she had more time in subsequent books. I'm very much hoping that Marr gives us more Rae in her upcoming short story collection that, according to her website, is about 2/3 Wicked Lovely short stories.

This book also deals in polyamory, but in this case it's M/F/F and we leave with the bond between the women being a loving one. I want to see more of this trio and I hope that I will someday. Is my addiction to poly showing? Oh well.

Great book, great characters and beyond the romance, this book deals the most in the bonds between family in the fairie world and at the risk of handing out spoilers... we also get a look at a father's all encompassing grief when his child is killed. Oh... and Seth, who just gets better every book, he really does.

Worth every single penny that I paid for it and more.

**Edit: The woman on the cover is meant to be Ani.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Radiant Shadows.